The Helen Mears Art Contest is sponsored by the De Pere Woman’s Club in memory of Helen Farnsworth Mears, American Sculptor. The awards presentation to honor 6th, 7th and 8th grade art students was held Wednesday, March 14 at the De Pere Community Center.
The following Our Lady of Lourdes School students received Art Awards for the Helen Mears Art Contest.
- Drew Kocken – OLOL Church, Honorable Mention – Watercolor Painting
- Drew Kocken – The Swan of Little Color, 1st Place – Pencil Drawing
- Josh Rinke – The Big Plane, 1st Place – Sculpture
- Mallory Pelon – New York City, 2nd Place – Sculpture
- Morgan VerBoort – Paris Amour, 3rd Place – Sculpture
- Cameron Knight – Pickle Man, 1st Place – Sculpture
- Cade VanDenHeuvel – Recycled Coke Can, 3rd Place – Sculpture
- John McGinley – Pencil, Honorable Mention – Sculpture
- Billie Bal – Microphone Whirl, 1st Place – Pen, Ink & Marker
- Barney Black – The Man with No Face, 2nd Place – Pencil
- Billie Bal – Flowers, Honorable Mention – Pen, Ink & Marker
- Zak Kocken – Prince, 2nd Place – Sculpture
Congratulations to all participants!
The entries by Cameron Knight’s “Pickle Man” and Billie Bal’s “Microphone Whirl” were selected to advance to the District/State Level competition.
Thank you to Mrs. Stoll and the DePere Women’s Club for their support of art in education.